Thursday, December 15, 2005

Kong

I'm not one to blow up a major motion picture event, but my friends and I went to see Kong last night and it was, well, amazing. That was one of the best high concept, special effects movies since the last LOTR. Seriously, it kicked ass.

First of all, Jack Black rules. Second the ape was spectacular. It looked so real. The artists who made that animal did a meticulous job, even down to the nose hair. Obviously they studied footage of real apes in the wild and gave this one intimately real charcteristics. Even the way it ate and slept was very authentic. Amazing.

Finally, the scene where Kong battles the T. Rex(s) is worth the price of admission itself. I looked around the theatre and eveyrone was wide-eyed and cheering the extreme action. We definitely got our money's worth.

I'm not a huge Adrien Brody as action hero fan. Though we did get a chuckle out of new "six pack abs" as seen on the cover of "Men's Health" magazine. And Naomi Watts was a little too weepy. The story did require a few moments of faith, but once they hit Skull Island it was on! And the natives were really awesome. I just loved the damn movie and hope that someone reads this blog and goes to see it, 'cause it's worth it.

I really love the way Peter Jackson puts together the effects. He is incredibly talented. Now I just have to talk my wife into seeing it so I can go again.

Peace.

No comments: