Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Feel So Cheap

Wow, this blog thing has really been hard. How do people do it, every day, day in and day out? It’s amazing to me. And they find time to read the internet and other people’s blogs and link articles and fun facts to their writing. It’s really amazing.
So I thought I would take the time and write something with a bit of research behind it. I mean, why not, if I’m going to be a professional blogger, or at least a good amateur. In my reading this evening I found something that really disturbed me. There is a new tax cut coming down the pipe this year and I don’t get to have any. And it looks like most of you won’t get to have it either.
Now I know that people who make more than a million dollars are more important than we are and they work hard for all they get. How do I know this, it must be true because our president loves them so and they seem to really love him back. But to give them all those tax breaks and to make the rest of us foot the bill. Well that is just downright un-neighborly.
I’m not going to go on and on about this. What’s done is done. We will cut the programs to help the poor. We can make it tougher for public schools to get funding and easier for private religious schools. Heck, we can make it a crime to be homeless. But can’t we please just get this idiot out of the White House and give the congress back to people who really care?
There's one more thing that I read today that really bummed me out. I got my latest Time magazine and they have a quote from John McCain from an interview from an appearance on MTV where he actually came out in defense of intelligent design! Basically he said that the students should decide what they learn. If that’s not the biggest piece of hypocrisy ever then I’m not a slow white guy. I used to really like John McCain; I thought he was one of the real down to earth level headed guys. I guess I am wrong.

No comments: